[R] source code for dbeta

Mark Sharp msharp at txbiomed.org
Mon Jun 8 00:11:54 CEST 2015

Varun,

If you type dbeta at the command line you get the R source, which in this case tells you that the code is calling a compiled source. This is indicated by the line <bytecode: 0x7fc3bb1b84e0>

See the following.
> dbeta
function (x, shape1, shape2, ncp = 0, log = FALSE)
{
    if (missing(ncp))
        .Call(C_dbeta, x, shape1, shape2, log)
    else .Call(C_dnbeta, x, shape1, shape2, ncp, log)
}
<bytecode: 0x7fc3bb1b84e0>
<environment: namespace:stats>

Compiled code in a package

If you want to view compiled code in a package, you will need to download/unpack the package source. The installed binaries are not sufficient. A package's source code is available from the same CRAN (or CRAN compatible) repository that the package was originally installed from. The download.packages() function can get the package source for you.

Extracted from http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19226816/how-can-i-view-the-source-code-for-a-function

Mark

R. Mark Sharp, Ph.D.
msharp at TxBiomed.org