[R] xpathSApply skip if text equals postseason

Don Hessey dah_069 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 3 12:46:53 CEST 2015

I'm running into a road block here and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.  I need to skip over the link if the text equals postseason.  The text is in the second li in the xpaths below in my code. I tried li[not(.,"postseason")] as I thought that is what I needed to exclude the postseason link but it doesn't work. This link will show you an example of want I want to exclude under standard batting > game logs > postseason http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/j/jeterde01.shtml place this http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/j/jeterde01.shtml in playerURLs and you should season the postseason link returned.  How can I skip over the postseason link?  Thanks! #GET YEARS PLAYED LINKS

yplist = NULL

playerURLs <- paste("http://www.baseball-reference.com",datafile17[,c("hrefs")],sep="")

for(thisplayerURL in playerURLs){

doc <- htmlParse(thisplayerURL)