[R] Help on Neural Network package

ravishankar narayanan ravsh98 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 21:59:22 CEST 2015

Hi,

Developing a Neural Network in R to predict the quality of wine.Attached is
the Wine Data Set.Tried twice once by selecting specific features and once
by using all features to predict quality of wine

Each time I run the Neural Network I am getting a  huge error.Tried using
feature selection and also used all features
*With Feature Selection*

*winequal<-
neuralnet(quality~volatile.acidity+citric.acid+sulphates+alcohol,winetrain,hidden=2,lifesign="minimal",linear.output=FALSE,threshold=0.1)*

*hidden:2    thresh:0.1    rep:1/1    steps:      52  error:
8486.01111       time: 2.41secs*

*No feature selection*

*winequal1<-neuralnet(quality~fixed.acidity+volatile.acidity+citric.acid+residual.sugar+chlorides+free.sulfur.dioxide+total.sulfur.dioxide+density+pH*

*++sulphates+alcohol,winetrain1,hidden=4,lifesign="minimal",linear.output=FALSE,threshold=0.1)*

Model Produced:

*hidden: 4    thresh:0.1    rep: 1/1    steps:     26  error: 8486.08992
     time: 0.1 secs*

Is there any method I can use to reduce the error ? Changing the threshold
or the number of hidden layers does not help.Any tips will be
helpful.Thanks.