[R] combine trellis lattice contour plot with simple plot() points() and text() commands?

ivo welch ivo.welch at anderson.ucla.edu
Mon Jun 1 23:03:13 CEST 2015

can I add ordinary graphics commands to a contourplot?  my naive
attempts are telling me that plot.new() has not yet been called when I
try to add text(1,1,"hi") or points( c(0,1), c(1,0) )?

[or do I need to rewrite another contourplot with the old graphics
system.  the basics are probably looking at adjacent points,
pretending that they are linear, and mark where a line between them
intercepts the level, and then hope that some sanity prevents me from
connecting disconnected levels.  not my plan...]

----
Ivo Welch (ivo.welch at gmail.com)
http://www.ivo-welch.info/