[R] lattice contourplots

ivo welch ivo.welch at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 14:39:29 CEST 2015

thank you.  yes, I got bitten by "FAQ 7.22: Why do lattice/trellis
graphics not work?"  It had never occurred to me that this could be
expected behavior or a FAQ.  (didn't show up in a google search for
contourplot.)  Unless one knows, this is a puzzler.  Thanks for the
pointer.  so, a minimum working example is

    require(lattice)
    d <- data.frame( expand.grid( x = seq(0,6,length.out=100), y =
seq(0,6,length.out=100) ) )
    d <- within(d, z <- sin( (x+y) ))
    xx <- contourplot( z ~ x * y, data = d)
    print(xx)  ## necessary in source code, but not in interactive mode

regards, /iaw

----
Ivo Welch (ivo.welch at gmail.com)
http://www.ivo-welch.info/
J. Fred Weston Professor of Finance
Anderson School at UCLA, C519
Director, UCLA Anderson Fink Center for Finance and Investments
Free Finance Textbook, http://book.ivo-welch.info/
Editor, Critical Finance Review, http://www.critical-finance-review.org/