[R] Paste every two columns together

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Thu Jan 29 04:59:50 CET 2015

eek!

Chel Hee,anything that complicated should engender fear and trembling.

Much simpler and more efficient (if I understand correctly)

i <- seq.int(1L,length(ID1),by = 2L)
paste0(ID1[i],ID1[i+1])

That gives a vector of paired letters. If you want a single character
string, just collapse with a " " (space):

paste0(ID1[i],ID1[i+1],collapse= " ")

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter