[R] plot in one unique x,y axis

Jim Lemon drjimlemon at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 00:09:34 CET 2015

Hi Dr. Zolfaghari,
Given that the probability of practically the same unusual question
coming from two people in quick succession is tiny unless it is about
a homework question, I was probably conned into answering a homework
question a day or two ago. Of course by the time I had decoded your
question and discovered that it wouldn't even run because of misnamed
functions and variables that weren't there, it supported my guess that
the example had been cobbled together from bits of existing code, the
provenance of which I do not wish to inquire. Your question was
probably something like:

Plot these data so that the values of the upper 20% of the "z"
variable are plotted in green and the rest are plotted in red. The
size of the circles should be proportional to the values of the "z"
variable.

I answered this question not long ago and I now realize that there is
an even simpler way to do it. I hope that you can work it out.

Jim