[R] Latest version of Rtools is incompatible with latest version of R !!

PRAMEET LAHIRI prameet_lahiri at yahoo.co.in
Sat Jan 17 12:20:04 CET 2015

 No. I tried removing devtools and then reinstalling it many times. The problem is still there. I have also used build_github_devtools() but it still show the following message -
WARNING: Rtools 3.2 found on the path at c:/Rtools is not compatible with R 3.1.2.
Please download and install Rtools 3.1 from http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/Rtools/, remove the incompatible version from your PATH, then run find_rtools().
Prameet     On Friday, 16 January 2015 6:09 PM, Hadley Wickham <h.wickham at gmail.com> wrote:

 >> Funnily, this problem disappears when I use RTools31.exe. And, I am not the only one facing this issue. A lot of people in my group (in which we all are learning R) are facing the same problem. I am really puzzled as to why RTools32.exe isn't compatible with R 3.1.2 !!
>> Thanks again for your time !!Prameet
>
> You are asking the wrong question.  You should be asking why devtools
> says that Rtools 3.2 is incompatible.

Yes, that was my fault - I hadn't updated devtool's list of Rtools
versions to tell it about 3.2.

I've fixed it in the dev version which can be installed by following
the instructions at
https://github.com/hadley/devtools#updating-to-the-latest-version-of-devtools
 (I'd appreciate it if someone could try this out and let me know if
it doesn't work)

Hadley

--
http://had.co.nz/