[R] Probably dumb question about lists

Boris Steipe boris.steipe at utoronto.ca
Wed Jan 14 16:34:52 CET 2015

plot.tile.list() expects its argument to be of class tile.list, and to have an attribute "rw", both of which are not conserved after subsetting. You can do ...

if (!require(deldir)) {
  install.packages("deldir")
  library(deldir)
}
x <- rnorm(10)
y <- rnorm(10)
del <- deldir(x, y)
tl <- tile.list(del)

tl2 <- tl[1:4]
class(tl2) <- "tile.list"
attr(tl2, "rw") <- attr(tl, "rw")
plot.tile.list(tl2)  # or just plot(tl2)

BUT!
This doesn't really make sense because you are just "randomly" plotting some tiles from the full triangulation, not plotting a triangulation with less points. That would be:

plot(tile.list(deldir(x[1:4], y[1:4])))

Cheers,
B.