[R] R vs. RStudio?

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Mon Jan 12 15:22:30 CET 2015

Dear Peter and Jeff,

I've used RStudio in teaching for quite some time now. For displaying
graphics, I open a windows() graphics device on a Windows PC or a quartz()
device on a Mac. I explain to the students that they don't have to do this,
but I'm doing it so that I can make the graphs larger. There are still some
issues arising from the paned display, but I find it reasonably simple to
adjust the size of the panes as needed during a demonstration, often pushing
the vertical divider far to the right.

Best,
 John