[R] a UNIX vs. Windows package question, please

Erin Hodgess erinm.hodgess at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 23:32:00 CET 2015

Hello again.

Here is another question that I am puzzled about:  I had the (incorrect)
impression that if I had Rtools on a Windows machine that I could use any
tar.gz package.  However, that is not true.

In particular, I was looking at the rPython package.  I do indeed have
Python on this machine. But when I did R CMD INSTALL rPython, I got an
error message that said, "this is a Unix package".  Interesting.

Should I just stay with my Ubuntu laptop and behave?

Thanks,
Erin

--
Erin Hodgess