[R] i need help for var.test()

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Thu Jan 8 13:37:53 CET 2015

> On Jan 8, 2015, at 5:12 AM, sait k <saitk at hotmail.de> wrote:
> Dear Sir or Madam,
> i want to use the var.test() (f.test()) for n samples.
> But in R the var.test() can only used for variances of two samples. In the intruductions stands:  Performs an F test to compare the variances of two samples from normal populations.
> I need a variance test for n samples. It will be great, if you tell me the which test i can use in R for this problem.
> Thank you for the help.
> Yours sincerely,
> Sait Polat 		 	

You can take a look at ?bartlett.test (which is listed in the See Also section of ?var.test) or perhaps ?fligner.test for a non-parametric method.


Marc Schwartz

More information about the R-help mailing list