[R] Simultaneous Probit-Tobit

Christopher Shultz c.shultz at live.com
Mon Feb 23 00:17:16 CET 2015

Hi:

I am trying to write code to run a simultaneous probit-tobit
model (Chappell, 1982) in order to quantify the determinants of
legislator voting behavior. I can't seem to find any background on this.
 I have worked with code for simple logit and probit models, but this is
 a different beast.

The logic is that this model reduces some of the endogeneity
associated with a single equation model. As a general overview of the
structure: http://uploadpie.com/yB5mw

Does anyone know if there is a package or simple way to code this? Thanks in advance!