[R] Noob: How to upgrade from 3.0.2 on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS?

John Kane jrkrideau at inbox.com
Thu Feb 19 19:19:44 CET 2015

This worked for me the last time I tried it and I'm running Ubuntu 14.04. (Note to self-time to upgrade to 14.10)

Installing or updating R
 sudo add-apt-repository ppa:marutter/rrutter
 sudo apt-get update
 sudo apt-get install r-base r-base-dev
from http://www.personal.psu.edu/mar36/blogs/the_ubuntu_r_blog/installing-r.html

John Kane