[R] Image processing using R

Javier Rodriguez Zaurin jrzaurin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 15:51:09 CET 2015

Hi all,

I am starting an image processing project. Through the project, I am going
to be needing tools/techniques such as SIFT, HOG,
bag-of-visual-words/features etc...

It seems than OpenCv has most of these features. I have found r-opencv here
https://www.openhub.net/p/r-opencv , but from this website it is not clear
to me how to install it (or if it is even possible)

Therefore, I am wondering if there is any package(s) in R well documented,
suited for this project (beyond biOps or EBimage).

I could always do it using OpenCV (or/and PIL) in python, but I am far more
comfortable using R and I would like to complete the project, if possible,
in R.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Javier