[R] [FORGED] Mixed Beta Disrubutions

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Dec 29 03:06:35 CET 2015

> On Dec 28, 2015, at 4:35 PM, mesude bayrakci <mesudebayrakci at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> "Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not
> because they are nice, but because you are"

It's generally considered rude to accuse someone of rudeness. However customs in the regard are highly variable as the Posting Guide reminds us: " Remember that customs differ. Some people are very direct. Others surround everything they say with hedges and apologies. Be tolerant. Rudeness is never warranted, but sometimes `read the manual’ is the appropriate response. Don’t waste time discussing such matters on the list. Ad hominem comments are absolutely out of place."

> The forum's name is  "R-help",  not "R-help for people who are experts in
> statistic and R". Please if you would like to help and just help. If you do
> not like the posts (or questions), you simply do not answer.

Rolf _did_ answer. Initially, even with "cheers".

So, hgave you now awakened to the fact that Rolf's reference to Achim Zeileis' response to a basically identical question was on point and addressed all of your questions? And that, therefore, you were wrong (in your reply) to his cheery initial answer about him having not answered your question? I think the word "obtuse" was technically correct in this instance, at least in the sense of "exhibiting an unwillingness to accept or acknowledge helpful advice".

Another word that has occurred to me in this context:

in·grate
ˈinɡrāt/
noun
	• 1.