[R] [FORGED] Mixed Beta Disrubutions

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Dec 29 00:21:51 CET 2015

On 29/12/15 08:40, mesude bayrakci wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have data; one column and 310 rows. When I plot the histogram, it has two
> peaks; please see the attachment. I would like to find appropriate
> distribution that fits the data. I tried to mixtools in R, but it did not
> fit well.
>
> I want to mix two beta distribution. I found that there is betareg package
> in R but the shape1,shape2 were known or there were two different data in
> the all examples.
>
> I do not know where to start. How can I use betamix in R to fit the data?
> Any hint?
>
> I really appreciate.
>

> Thank you

GIYF

Searching on "beta mixture model in r" leads to a number of hits, the
most relevant one (it seems to me) being:

r - Mixture of beta distributions: full example - Cross Validated

which leads to

http://stats.stackexchange.com/questions/114959/mixture-of-beta-distributions-full-example

A fully worked example is provided.

cheers,