[R] Incorrect Summarization after As.numeric

SHIVI BHATIA shivi.bhatia at safexpress.com
Mon Dec 28 10:12:03 CET 2015

Dear Team,

I am working on aggregate function in R & have used the below code:

aggregate(a1$Final,list(Year=a1$Year),sum)

initially a1$Final was factor hence I used a1$Final= as.numeric(a1$Final) to
convert this into numeric. After conversion it shows the output but the
summarization from the aggregate is incorrect. This I have reconciled with
the excel pivot.

Could you please suggest where could be the issue?

Thanks, Shivi

Mb: 9891002021