[R] unable to download library

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Dec 16 22:58:27 CET 2015

On 17/12/15 07:29, John Karon wrote:
> I am trying to download the “Formula” library using
> install.packages(“Formula”); I have had no problem downloading other
> libraries recently.  I receive the error message
>
> Warning: unable to access index for repository
> https://cran.cnr.Berkeley.edu/bin/windows/contrib/3.2 Warning
> message: package ‘Formula’ is not available (for R version 3.2.2)
>
> I receive the same message adding lib=<path> to the install.packages
> call.  An internet search suggests using download.file(), but that
> requires knowing the url of the file in the repository. Can someone
> tell me the url (just add Formula to the url above?) or suggest
> another solution?  Thanks.

I installed "Formula" just now, under R 3.2.2, using install.packages(),
with no problem. Did you have a *look* at the URL

     https://cran.cnr.Berkeley.edu/bin/windows/contrib/3.2

???

Going there I see that the file Formula_1.2-1.zip is present and I was
able to download it by clicking on it.

So if you insist on using download.file() you could just tack
"/Formula_1.2-1.zip" onto the end of your URL.  But there is really no
reason to do that; install.packages() works.

It is a mystery what your problem could be,

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--
Technical Editor ANZJS