[R] Error message when running gam (mgcv). object not found

Diego Pavon diego.pavonjordan at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 10:25:38 CET 2015

Dear all

I am trying to fit gam to my data but it keeps giving me errors.

It does not find the covariate ArrivalTime even though it is clearly
defined in the data frame. It happens with any covariate that I put in the
s() term... And not only for this data set, but for any dataset that I try
to analyse.

Do you have any idea why I can't run gam? I can run perfectly any other
type of models (GLM, GLMM, ZIP...)..

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you very much.

Best

Diego

--
*Diego Pavón Jordán*

*Finnish Museum of Natural History*
*PO BOX 17 *

*Helsinki. Finland*

*0445061210https://tuhat.halvi.helsinki.fi/portal/en/persons/diego-pavon-jordan%288d5db37c-eddd-4fca-92cd-9c9956a42b4a%29.html
<https://tuhat.halvi.helsinki.fi/portal/en/persons/diego-pavon-jordan%288d5db37c-eddd-4fca-92cd-9c9956a42b4a%29.html>http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=170617924&trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile
<http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=170617924&trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile>https://helsinki.academia.edu/DiegoPavon
<https://helsinki.academia.edu/DiegoPavon>*

> T1 <- gam(E1 ~ s(ArrivalTime), data = Owls)Error in as.matrix(x) : object 'ArrivalTime' not found> ls(Owls) [1] "ArrivalTime"        "BroodSize"          "FoodTreatment"      "LogNeg"
 [5] "NegPerChick"        "Nest"               "SexParent"
"SiblingNegotiation"
 [9] "Xcoord"             "Ycoord"