[R] Restricted 4-PL curves using drc package

Bert Gunter bgunter.4567 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 22:24:34 CET 2015

1. Don't know, but, assuming I understand you correctly, probably not.

2 Note (subject to my understanding again) that you can rephrase your
query as fitting a 4 parameter logistic to all the data together with
a grouping factor to indicate the separate curves, allowing two of the
parameters (e.g. ED50 and slope) to vary by group. You can then use
standard nonlinear fitting (e.g. via the optimx package) to fit the
model. Note that you will have to specify 2c +2 starting values for c
curves. With c "large" (?whatever that means), this may make
convergence tricky.

If you care to reply, please do so to the list, not to me.

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter

and sticking things into it."