[R] metafor package

Viechtbauer Wolfgang (STAT) wolfgang.viechtbauer at maastrichtuniversity.nl
Tue Dec 8 14:37:18 CET 2015

The first and second argument of forest() (or more precisely, forest.default()) are for the estimates and the corresponding sampling variances, respectively. So, if you do forest(rr, se, ...), then the function will interpret the standard errors as if they are variances. So, you should do forest(rr, sei=se, ...).

And just in case: In all likelihood, those SEs are for the *log-transformed* risk ratios, so you should also pass log-transformed risk ratios to the function (and then use 'atransf=exp' so results are shown with back-transformed x-axis labels and annotations).

Best,
Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Viechtbauer, Ph.D., Statistician | Department of Psychiatry and
Neuropsychology | Maastricht University | P.O. Box 616 (VIJV1) | 6200 MD