[R] queries return different output when sourced

Thierry Onkelinx thierry.onkelinx at inbo.be
Fri Dec 4 14:45:58 CET 2015

Dear all,

We need to run several queries in an R Markdown file. The queries have quit
elaborate sql statements. We try to recude the amount of code in the
markdown file by moving the query functions in a seperate R script which is
sourced by the markdown file.

The queries work fine if we place the code directly in the markdown file
but fail when sourced. They return an empty data.frame with the correct
colnames. We have attached a minimal example.

Can someone tell us why the sourced functions give the a different output?

Best regards,

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Forest
Kliniekstraat 25