[R] Rcpp, function signature

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Aug 28 17:15:51 CEST 2015

peter dalgaard <pdalgd <at> gmail.com> writes:
> But for the benefit of the rest of us: A NumericVector is a pointer, right?

Effectively even though it is not treated as one by the users.  But you
know what P in SEXP stands for, and Rcpp objects really are what we call
"proxy objects" for the respective underlying SEXP objects.

Searching the rcpp-devel list archives for the clone() function will bring
a number of preceding discussions.  As I said in the previous email, this
list is not the best place to discuss Rcpp matters --- rcpp-devel is.
Please feel free to bring follow-up questions there.

Dirk