[R] heat map labeling

Angela angelat416 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 28 01:02:34 CEST 2015

Hello,

I have a dataset of 985 genes, looks something like the ones below. I want to label only those with the high intensities, since labeling all doesn't show up. Is there a way to do that? If not, is there a way to pull out the highest ones (say, highest 50, or those above X amount) and only show those in a heat map? Thanks!

-Angela

Z transforming gives all cells the same value, just + or - (for example, all have 0.5 and -0.5). The researchers want the actual values used.

Gene   var1       var2
A    8000000    0
B    250000    300000
C    750000    2000000