[R] Error in dis[sppInSample, sppInSample]:subscript out of bounds

Andrew Park andrew_park at airpost.net
Fri Aug 21 20:59:42 CEST 2015

I'm pretty sure you are using the package Picante. When I received the error
you described in my own project, it was due to the naming of species in the
community matrix and the phylogenetic tree being slightly different (one
separated latin binomials with a space, the other with an underscore). When
I corrected one set of names (using gsub) to be identical to the other then
the error went away. I hope this helps.