[R] 回覆︰ [FORGED] date format in xyplot

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Aug 18 10:07:14 CEST 2015

On 18/08/15 18:15, Christine Lee wrote:

> Thanks Mr. Turner,

Please!!! Either "Rolf" or (if you insist on formality)
*Dr.* Turner. :-)

> This puzzles me.  Why do we come out with different axis labels with the
> same command?  Is this because of my R version or my computer?

<SNIP>

It is most likely a *version* issue; in your version the default format
is "%m-%e" whereas in mine it's "%b %d".  Or something like that.

Or it just might be a Windoze thing.  (If Micro$oft can find a way to
mess things up, they will.)  I run *Linux*, as do all right-thinking people.

Be that as it may, I have now looked at the help for xyplot() a little
more carefully (when in doubt try reading TFM!!!) and saw that "format"
must be supplied as part of the *scales* argument, which is a *list*.

So try:

xyplot(Abun ~ Date1 | ... etc. etc ..., scales=list(format="%B=%d"))

and I think you'll get what you want.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--