[R] stringr package question

Thu Aug 13 22:39:21 CEST 2015

"+" is a special character in regular expressions that requires a preceding pattern to apply to. See ?base::regex.
You need to escape the special with a backslash to remove the special behavior, and escape the backslash so the R parser will be happy.

str_extract("+proj=utm +zone=19 +datum=WGS84 +units=m +no_defs +ellps=WGS84 +towgs84=0,0,0", "\\+proj=[a-zA-Z0-9]*")

Please read and follow the Posting Guide, including sending your emails using plain text instead of HTML.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing