[R] Predict Function use with GLM

trisgutt trisgutt at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 12 19:35:13 CEST 2015

I am currently using a GLM with Gaussian family to model fish depth~length +
distance from shore:

model1 <- glm(Depth ~ length + distance from shore,
family=gaussian(link="log"))

There are no zero depths. I would like to use the above model with the
predict function in R to generate three lines (with confidence intervals)
for the depth at size for three distances, say 100 m, 500 m and 1000m.
Problem is I am unable to figure out how to do this?

Any advice / assistance would be gratefully received...

Thank you

Tris