[R] add an idx column to the matrix

Thierry Onkelinx thierry.onkelinx at inbo.be
Mon Aug 10 22:28:50 CEST 2015

Dear Lida,

Here is a solution. Please don't post in HTML. And provide an easy to use
example of the data. E.g. the output of dput(mydata)

set.seed(1234)
mydata <- matrix(
  sample(
    c(0, 1, 2, NA),
    size = 30,
    replace = TRUE,
    prob = c(2, 1, 1, 1)
  ),
  ncol = 6
)

idx <- apply(mydata, 1, function(x){any(x == 2)})
idx[is.na(idx)] <- FALSE
cbind(mydata, idx)

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Forest