[R] creating a funct

Jim Lemon drjimlemon at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 03:22:19 CEST 2015

Hi Jose,
It looks like it is time for a bit of guessing. For one thing, if you
try to "attach" an R script you will get an error. I will assume that
you really used "source" as you seem to have gotten past that step.
You later mention a connection error when you try to execute the
command. As you sent what looks like a TAB separated data file,
perhaps you didn't specify where the data file is correctly. So, if
your data file is stored like this:

/home/jose/data/mydata.tab

your R session is in this directory:

getwd()
 /home/jose/R

and you have a command line like this:

mydata.df<-read.table("mydata.tab",sep="\t")

you will get a connection error because R is trying to find:

/home/jose/R/mydata.tab

and it is not there. Finally, it is really helpful if you copy the
error messages that you get into your email, even if they are in
Spanish. Seguir intentando y buena suerte