[R] Knit R and Book Publishing

Glenn Schultz glennmschultz at me.com
Thu Aug 6 03:03:35 CEST 2015

Hello All,

I have finished my first R package, BondLab, and it will be available in Feb 2016.   I wrote the book and R package concurrently.  Prior, I had very little programming experience other than VBA and using others R packages.

http://www.amazon.com/Investing-Mortgage-Backed-Securities-Website/dp/1118944003/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1438822386&sr=8-1&keywords=glenn+m+schultz

During the learning process I came to know literate programming and reproducible research.  Now,  I have a viable package and I would like re-write the book in R Studio with knitr.  I have had some success with LYX but I think I can do the whole thing in R studio.  The first edition was done in TexMaker.

I really want to set the next project up in R Studio, I would really like to open source the next edition like Hadley's recent books but I really don't know how it was all done.  Any starting points to set this up are appreciated.

-Glenn