[R] Environmental Data Connector v1.3

Roy Mendelssohn - NOAA Federal roy.mendelssohn at noaa.gov
Mon Aug 3 20:58:42 CEST 2015

Hi Robert:

I didn’t see this until Dan sent me something offline.  I apologize for the problem. Yes the function should work as is, and a lot of the EDC is Java.  I have forwarded your email to the people who did the coding.  But in the meantime can you do two things for me to help us in the debugging:

1.  Can you send me  the result of  the command:

     Sys.getenv(“EDC_HOME”)

2.  Can you send  the result

ls -l

on that directory?

I suggest that at this point do it offline, as I doubt these details would be of interest to the list as a whole.  If we find a solution I will post that.  I will add that we don’t have the resources to test on all versions of all OS, and that at times changes in R have required us to change our code, and this can also be one such instance.  But yes, the error message suggests that the code can’t write the necessary temp files to whatever directory it is trying.

Thanks,

-Roy

> On Aug 3, 2015, at 11:36 AM, Robert in SA <ri.williamson at outlook.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Dan, thanks for your response.
>
> The setwd is coded somewhere in the EDC.get function. I guess I could try
> alter the code but I assume this package should work as is.
>

> --

**********************
**********************
Roy Mendelssohn