[R] R error

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 20:18:43 CEST 2015

> On 03 Aug 2015, at 18:00 , Hood, Kyle (CDC/OCOO/OCIO/ITSO) (CTR) <yeo8 at cdc.gov> wrote:
>
> Good afternoon,
>
> I recently received a ticket from a customer to upgrade from 3.1.1. to 3.2.1.  After the upgrade, when he tries to install a package he receives the error below.  Could you please advise as to what is wrong?  Thank you.

It's not too easy to tell given the number of ways large networked installs can be configured, but the logic is that if the R installation directory is write protected (which is usually a good thing), the packages go into a subdirectory of the user's home dir. The output suggests that R believes that this is \\cdc.gov\private\M328\ygv7, but apparently that doesn't exist since it tries to create \\cdc.gov\private which it can't.

Apart from that, try digging around in

https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/rw-FAQ.html

-pd