[R] Inference Syntax

Shivi82 shivibhatia at ymail.com
Thu Apr 30 13:22:41 CEST 2015

Hi All,

This is my first post in the community.
I am currently working on finding some inferences from my sample data and
the code I have used is:
inference(y = nc$weight, x = nc$habit, est = "mean", type = "ht", null = 0,
method = "theoretical"). While researching more on the code as I have just
started using R, online I found alternative also as a keyword for the syntax
which has option as either less, greater or two sided. I am unsure what it
is referring to.
If someone would please explain the alterative keyword. Thank you.