[R] Stacking of vectors to form a column vector

MacQueen, Don macqueen1 at llnl.gov
Thu Apr 30 17:14:55 CEST 2015

Here are two correct uses of the "stack command", if by that you mean the
stack() function.

> stack( data.frame(a=1:3, b=4:6, c=7:9) )
  values ind
1      1   a
2      2   a
3      3   a
4      4   b
5      5   b
6      6   b
7      7   c
8      8   c
9      9   c

> stack( list(a=1:3, b=4:6, c=7:9) )
  values ind
1      1   a
2      2   a
3      3   a
4      4   b
5      5   b
6      6   b
7      7   c
8      8   c
9      9   c

I would say that the "values" column of the output fits your description
of what you want to do. (though I used names a, b, c instead of y1, y2,
y3).

But without a reproducible example, one can't say for sure.

--
Don MacQueen

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
7000 East Ave., L-627