[R] Cross-Validate a Multivariate Polynomial Regression with K-folds

Nicolae Doban nickdoban at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 19:52:55 CEST 2015

Hi,

could you tell me please which is the fastest and most accurate
way/algorithm/code of cross-validating a Multivariate Polynomial Regression
with K-folds? I have a dataframe of 5 input variables and I want to predict
one output variable. Every variable features a different power for which
the error is the smallest.

I was replicating the steps from this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dSXlqHAoMk

Ideally, I would want to use also GAM and ANN to see which method behaves
faster and more accurately. Could you also suggest me other non-linear
models?

Thank you in advance,
Nick