[R] Run Rscript and ignore errors?

Nick Matzke matzke at nimbios.org
Sun Apr 26 20:13:48 CEST 2015

On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 1:39 PM, Adams, Jean <jvadams at usgs.gov> wrote:

> Nick,
>
> I don't know of a way to do what you want ... tell R to ignore all errors
> ... but, I do have a suggestion.
>
> Since you regard these errors as "non-essential", why not edit your code
> to reflect that?  For example, instead of writing
>      plot(df$x1, df$y1)
> write
>      if ("x1" %in% names(df) & "y1" %in% names(df)) plot(df$x1, df$y1)
>
> ... or something like that.
>
> Jean

Hi! I could, but you can imagine that doing that several dozen times,
reducing readability and increasing the chance of making some other
mistake.  As originally mentioned, I'm lazy.

I did find a super-easy solution, posted here:
http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/run-Rscript-and-ignore-errors-tc4706333.html#a4706395

Cheers!
Nick