[R] Hmisc::rcorr inconsistency?

Keith.Jewell at campdenbri.co.uk Keith.Jewell at campdenbri.co.uk
Thu Apr 23 14:01:23 CEST 2015

(Copied to maintainer)

I'm not going to say there's an error in such an established and respected package but I think there's an inconsistency between the help text and the example:

> ?rcorr
   <snip>
Value
   <snip>
The diagonals of n are the number of non-NAs for the single variable corresponding to that row and column.

> example(rcorr)
   <snip>
rcorr> z <- c(1,   2, 3, 4, NA)  # number of non-NAs for z = 4
   <snip>
  x y z v
x 5 5 4 5
y 5 5 4 5
z 4 4 5 4  # diagonal for z = 5
v 5 5 4 5

Is this an error in the documentation or the code?
Or am I misunderstanding something?

Keith Jewell –Statistics Group
Campden BRI Group
www.campdenbri.co.uk

________________________________

The information in this document and attachments is given after the exercise of all reasonable care and skill in its compilation, preparation and issue, but is provided without liability in its application or use. It may contain privileged information that is exempt from disclosure by law and may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this document in error please notify us and delete this message from your system immediately.

Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing and signed by a duly authorised representative of Campden BRI, all goods & services procured and provided by Campden BRI shall be subject to our relevant Standard Terms and Conditions copies of which are available on request or can be downloaded from our website at http://www.campdenbri.co.uk/campdenbri/terms.php

• In the event of supplying technical services, such services shall be subject to Campden BRI Standard Terms and Conditions of Supply of Goods/Services.

• In the event of supplying training, conferences, seminars and events, such services shall be subject to Campden BRI Standard Terms and Condition for the Supply of Training including Conferences, Seminars and Events.

• In the event of our procurement of goods and services, such goods and services shall be provided subject to Campden BRI Standard Terms and Conditions of Purchase of Goods and/or Services.

Companies (trading) within the Campden BRI Group:
Campden BRI (private company limited by guarantee, registered number 510618)
Campden BRI (Chipping Campden) Limited (private company limited by shares, registered number 3836922)
Campden BRI (Nutfield) (private company limited by guarantee, registered number 2690377)

All companies are registered in England and Wales with the registered office at Station Road, Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, GL55 6LD.

The Campden BRI Group may monitor e-mail traffic data and also the content of e-mail for the purposes of security and staff training.