[R] Need online version of R help pages

Paul Paul.Domaskis at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 17:24:28 CEST 2015

John McKown <john.archie.mckown <at> gmail.com> writes:
>On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 9:43 AM, Paul <Paul.Domaskis <at> gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
> http://www.tutorialspoint.com/execute_r_online.php

John, I appreciate the pointer.  I wish the post quoted below had
made it to the mailing list, as I could have saved you the trouble of
trying to seek a solution on my behalf.  I'm quite happy using vim
and in fact consider it to be my right hand (even though I don't dive
under the hood much).  So this post was really about getting around
the broken cygwin help facility for R rather than editing.  Also,
at work, we have to keep the work on-site.

For those unfortunate enough to have no option but to use cygwin's R,
here is the posting re. a workaround to the broken help facility,
posted via nabble (which probably explains why it didn't make it to
the mailing list):