[R] PCA analysis and bootstraped loadings

Efstathia Defteraiou Efstathia.Defteraiou at student.uibk.ac.at
Mon Apr 13 18:07:54 CEST 2015

Dear All,

I am relatively new in R.
Im working with the 'psych' package and 'principal' function.
I would like to know how to generate the bootstraped conf.intervals
for loadings,
looking for sth similar to setting 'n.iter' argument for the 'fa' function.

If in 'psych' can't work and suggest me the 'boot' package please
provide specific Rscript since I don't understand the commands and
arguments that have to be used before calling the function 'boot'(
what are indices? what to define as what inside function(){})

The names Im using are included in the following code:
'newdata3.1' is my data and provided as data.frame

makingtheanalysis3.1 <-principal(newdata3.1, nfactors =3,
                               residuals = FALSE,
                               covar=FALSE,rotate="varimax",scores=TRUE)

I am sorry for not providing a specific code but my data are too large

Any Help appreciated
Cheers!