[R] Cannot run install binary package on Windows 8

John Kane jrkrideau at inbox.com
Sun Apr 12 02:02:38 CEST 2015

You need to load the library after you have installed the package.  Only libraries in the base R installation load automatically. Thus every time you want to use contributed package XXX you need to issue the command
library(XXX) or require(XXX)

So at the top of your program try

library(lmtest)

You should be good to go.  Newbies often miss this step.

Good luck with R

John Kane
Kingston ON Canada