[R] your suggestions in MRMs

Kristi Glover kristi.glover at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 8 21:01:37 CEST 2015

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the reply. I again looked at the example, but I did not find the way to
calculate the location variable. All example in the document
("ecodist") has the Euclidean distance. did not find the example to
conceal the absolute location. There are some example:

page 21 and 22 : iris.md <- distance(iris[,1:4], "mahal"): it is
calculated distance matrix using four variables (I understood this one)

page 26: space.d <- distance(space, "eucl"), here space is XY coordinate,
so on

I am just wondering how I can conceal my absolute location (XY) and make my
data compatible to your data set so that I can use your functions. I am sorry for bothering you, Sarah.

example of my data set: column names (site,
XY coordinates, temp, years)

site1, 25.01;34.78 (XY cordicnate),
35degree celcius; year2001

site1, 25.01;34.78 (XY cordicnate), 33degree celcius;
year2002

site2, 25.05; 35.56 (XY coordinate); 37degree
celcius; year2001

site2, 25.05; 35.56 (XY coordinate);
32degree celcius; year2002

Thanks