[R] cairo_pdf crashing R on Windows

Henrik Bengtsson hb at biostat.ucsf.edu
Fri Sep 12 20:28:09 CEST 2014

First try a newer version of R, e.g. most recent patched and/or devel
version.  If that doesn't help, record sessionInfo() before calling
cairo_pdf() and before the crash. Try to find a minimal example and a
minimal figure for which you can reproduce this on your setup.  If it
only occurs occasional still try to identify an example where it
happens if you call it, say 100 times.  When you've done that share
you experience here for others to try to reproduce it.

/Henrik
(not using cairo_pdf() on a regular basis so haven't had any problems)