[R] Error with RJDBC when trying dbUnloadDriver()

julian.bothe at elitepartner.de julian.bothe at elitepartner.de
Fri Sep 12 12:03:31 CEST 2014

Hello everyone, Hello Simon,

I am starting to use RJDBC. When trying to unload the driver, I get an
Error message - even when not connecting to any database.

This issue has been reported before in 2011
(https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-db/2011q4/001103.html ), and it was
said that it's possibly a bug. But it seems that it's still there.

Any hints?

-----------

library("RJDBC")

Postgres_drv <- JDBC(driverClass = 'org.postgresql.Driver',

                     classPath=
'PATH/TO/JAR/postgresql-9.3-1102.jdbc4.jar')

dbUnloadDriver(Postgres_drv)

#Error in .valueClassTest(standardGeneric("dbUnloadDriver"), "logical",  :

#  invalid value from generic function 'dbUnloadDriver', class "NULL",
expected "logical"

All the best

Julian