[R] Problems bootstrapping multigroup SEM

Chad Danyluck c.danyluck at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 21:41:37 CEST 2014

Thanks again John. I think the problem is now resolved.

I changed the information that I passed through the sem() as follows:

MAP.mg.sem <- sem(MAP.mg.mod, data=list(stereotype=stereotype.MAP.data,
evaluative=evaluative.MAP.data), group="IAT.factor")

Then, from ?bootSem

"The default is the data set stored in the sem object, which will be
present only if the model was fit to a data set rather than to a covariance
or moment matrix, and may not be in a form suitable for Cov."

>From this I realized that I don't need to pass anything about the data or
the Cov into bootSem() and so

booted.sem <- bootSem(MAP.mg.sem, R=100)

And I get the anticipated return.

Interestingly, when I tried to pass the Cov and data into the bootSem()
like this:

booted.sem <- bootSem(MAP.mg.sem, R=100, Cov=cov,
data=list(stereotype=stereotype.MAP.data, evaluative=evaluative.MAP.data))

I had a failure to converge.

Kind regards!

Chad