[R] GLM Help

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 08:51:34 CEST 2014

I think you are looking for

~ Region + Region:Helpers - 1

a.k.a.

~ Region/Helpers - 1

Notice that these are actually the same model as your glm3 (and also as ~Region*Helpers), only the parametrization differs. The latter includes an overall Helpers term so that the interaction coefficients should be read as differences in slope. (With default treatment contrasts, the Helpers term would be the slope for the first region and the interactions are differences in slope compared to the first region).

-pd