[R] Detect expired RSQLiteConnection?

Hadley Wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 23:42:42 CEST 2014

DBI 0.3 (just released to CRAN) includes a new generic, dbIsValid(),
for exactly this purpose. Unfortunately no packages implement a method
for it yet, but eventually it will be the right way to detect this
problem.

(I'm now the maintainer for RSQLite, so I added this to my to do list:
https://github.com/rstats-db/RSQLite/issues/36. Pull requests are very
welcome!)

Hadley

http://had.co.nz/