[R] Voronoi/Thiessen polygon neighbors?

Michal Kvasnička prgosek at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 15:16:01 CET 2014

Hello.

I have a set of points in 2D. I can construct Voronoi polygons around them
with deldir package  and function from this page:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9403660/how-to-create-thiessen-polygons-from-points-using-r-packages

What I need is to find the list of all polygon neighbors of each original
point. (Let us say that each original point is represented with its Voronoi
polygon. These polygons are numbered. I have to find a list of all indices
of the polygons that share a line segment with polygon 1, polygon 2, etc.)

I can go through all line segments of all polygons and search for the
polygon that shares the line segment but I guess there is a better way to
do it. Can you help me to find it please?

Best wishes,
Michal Kvasnicka