[R] how to define a geometric distribution for "glm"

Amanda Li amandali at uchicago.edu
Mon Oct 27 22:29:22 CET 2014

Hello,

I was trying to apply "glm" to a dataset that assumes geometric
distribution. I cannot use "glm.nb" in MASS package (negative.binomial (1))
because it tries to estimate this "1" while I am interested in "p", the
probability of success. Does anyone know how I can define a geometric
distribution within "family" so that I can use glm assuming geometric
distribution to estimate "p"?

I am not sure how "quasi" within the family works in this case and I am not
sure whether it can be used to assume geometric distribution.

Thanks in advance for your help! I really appreciate it!
Best regards,
Amanda